LF: Achievements

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Achievements
From: "mike.dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 14:17:56 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
My experience last night was the same as others: S9+20dB QRN and a high
white noise level. From 2200 to 0300 I saw only vague traces of signals from
VE, and no Morse characters at all. Transmitted 3s dots before 0300 and 10s
afterwards. Went to bed at 0330.

A big shame for G0MRF who chose the wrong day. I am sure he could have made
the two-way on Saturday morning.

However, although the two-way was not achieved, the weekend was not a
failure. The one-way record has been broken in both directions, another
Canadian has been heard across the pond, VE1ZZ has been able to see for
himself the benefits of QRSS, and I am sure that many of us have used these
tests to make improvements to our stations. And of course the interest
generated by the OK1FIG expedition (judging by the very many crossband QSOs
he was having to 7MHz) will have encouraged more to come on LF.

Thanks to John, Jack and Larry, and the guys from AMRAD, for concentrating
the activity at their end.

Is there anyone listening tonight, or can I go to bed early?

Mike, G3XDV