LF: Late start tonight.....

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Late start tonight.....
From: "Larry Kayser" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 19:09:31 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Greetings All:

I had a late start tonight on 137.790, I lost several hours while I went to
a quick learning course from the Decca 5501 Amplifier.

In very short order, despite long success with polypropelene ropes for
keeping wires away from bushes and towers etc., the Decca cooked all the
ropes into shorter pieces of rope with burn marks.  Yes the Decca will
surely take a dead short on its output.  It doesn't even grunt harder, it
just sits there and pretends it is working.  Three fast trips out to the
remote site - on the third trip I went out to the loading coil site and saw
all the yellow pieces of rope laying in the snow.

All this happens because today I got another ampere out of the unit and into
the antenna.

Tomorrow should be better

Larry
VA3LK