LF: VA3LK transmission last night

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: VA3LK transmission last night
From: "john sexton" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 05:32:24 -0800 (PST)
Sender: <[email protected]>

Hi Guys,
I sent the following e-mail direct to Larry, with an image attached. Since
the image is too large for the reflector, I shall post it on my web site,
www.g4cnn.f2s.com.

Hi Larry,
I used Easygram last night from 20.00 to 03.00 making snaps every 5 minutes
and it does look as though I have captured your transmission. It was best
around 00.15 and continued to be visible in snaps until 00.30 when it faded
out again. I set the delay so that it took almost exactly 5 minutes to write
an image from left to right of the window. That way I miss nothing.
I have spent all morning with Excel calculating the exact frequency and
identifying every line in the picture. Most are Loran lines but a couple are
either European stations or perhaps spuria.
The line in the middle which I believe is your signal is clear of other
lines and appears to be almost exactly on frequency. The error of about 0.5
Hz, is I am sure a result of innacuracy in measuring the exact position of
the line in the recorded image. Unfortunately I am having some problems with Easygram, it seems to turn off
the sound card for periods up to an hour and then back on again, rather
randomly, so a lot of the snaps are blank, but it is the only program I have
that allows me to do this sort of recording while I am in bed. I shall
discuss the fault with the author, Petr, and hopefully have it sorted soon.
Looking forward to tonight's trial. I assume last night was 1 minute dashes
and tonight will be 2 minute dashes.
The image is attached. I found that Zipping it practically made no
difference to the size, so haven't bothered.
73, John, G4CNN

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/