LF: RE: Signals on 137.79kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: Signals on 137.79kHz
From: "Talbot Andrew" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 14:19:47 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Unfortunately, after a power cut Larry's frequency had shifted about 2Hz
lower.  This was partially corrected by midnight where I think he
shifted back upwards again - after I'd retuned 2Hz lower and gone to bed
recording data without checking the signal really was there.  Therefore
no trace this morning - will have to check the new frequency before
setting the recording tonight !  In the circumstances, the 0.6Hz error
may have been genuine.  Bill VE3IQ has been measuring the frequency so
perhaps he can confirm the latest.

If you look narrow enough there are a few signals that show drifting.
Even narrower you can see these signals are spread out, more during
darkness hours than in daylight.   Strong evidence that they are coming
from a long way away.

Andy G4JNT       ([email protected]     from 1600 UTC today and over the
weekend)