LF: ex radar sites

To: "rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: ex radar sites
From: "MAL HAMILTON" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 18:24:51 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
I visited an ex radar site during 1965 that was administered by Marconi as
far as I can remember. This was located at Canedon, near South end on Sea. I
think there were 3 wooden towers each around 300 ft high. These were
supposed to be the first operational radar installations in the UK. We had a
monkey that used to climb the towers to change the antennas when necessary
for our experiments. He had a G3LD* call could it be G3LDO. It was so long
ago I cannot remember his callsign, he was not employed by my company but
possibly came with the antennas.
G3KEV