LF: Mains Borne Noise

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Mains Borne Noise
From: "tracey.gardner" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 16:42:24 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Has anybody on the list got a "whole house" mains filter installed
at their QTH?

With regard to Rik's comments on mains borne noise.

I'm in the middle of self-building a house and I'm considering
installing a 250v 100A single phase filter on the mains supply input.

RS market one produced by Roxburgh Electronics but it is priced at
well over £400!

Ideally I'd like to find either a less expensive one or a secondhand
one, has anybody got any ideas on sources?

73s Tracey

I found out that the major source of QRN were the mains (220V) that
seems to act as a huge antenna.

73, Rik  ON7YD