LF: Re: VA3LK Log / More Tests

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: VA3LK Log / More Tests
From: "Larry Kayser" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 09:48:30 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Greetngs All:

I will NOT be transmitting on LF during the period of February 2 at 00 utc
to about 12 utc February 5th.  This is the period during which I operate in
the FOC Marathon CW activity which is now the only organized on air social
activity I participate in.  I could however let run the LF receiving system
during that period on a single frequency with about 2 Hz of bandwidth
maximum.

Once I have had my annual dose of operating activity I will get back to the
LF program.  For those of you who may not be aware, my remote HF station is
co-located with the LF transmitter in the same building and the LF
transmitter does a serious hammer job on the HF station receiver.  The
TS-570 is a great little radio, but the RF noise from the LF transmitter,
some 10 feet away in the same room, prevents simultaneous HF operation below
20 meters most of the time.

Larry
VA3LK