LF: Waterproof Loading Coil

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Waterproof Loading Coil
From: "Holger 'Geri', DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 10:49:44 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
John, G4CNN wrote
The loading coil was double wrapped in large plastic bags and the matching
transformer inside yet another internal one and all cables and wires
thoroughly taped at point of entry with duck tape but all in vain.
Repairs are underway and should be operational again soon, but I would
appreciate advice on better waterproofing. Anyone got any good ideas?<

... I don't really understand why and how my own setup works ... a large
and snow, without any protection! I have to re-adjust my small variometer
in the shack (about 0.9 mH) if it is wet outside, but no problems with
flashovers or any other problems ... maybe it is worth a try ...
Best 73

Geri, DK8KW