Re: LF: RE: VA3LK seen in ON

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: VA3LK seen in ON
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 13:07:46
Sender: <[email protected]>
Alberto,

besides the need for a linear PA each of the tones would also have only 50%
of the power. Wouldn't that 'give away' 3dB SNR ?

73, Rik  ON7YD

Just out of curiosity : I was thinking, a few weeks ago, to a signalling
scheme
that makes use of 2-out-of-12 tones, with the two tones being sent not
sequentially, but simultaneously. I do realize that this would mean that the
PA must be linear. Is this a though requirement for the present crop of  PAs
around ? How much would this requirement be of obstacle to the adoption
of such a scheme (which could also be FEC corrected...).   TNX

73   Alberto    I2PHD