Re: LF: Minimalist QSO, a process

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Minimalist QSO, a process
From: "Larry Kayser" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 15:40:37 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Mike:

However, the earlier part is a bit flawed. Are you assuming that this
type of communication can only be done on sked, or can there be a
random QSO?

Flawed?  Well that is the issue isn't it.  We have to achieve a general
acceptance in the peer community, disallowing for extremist positions.  For
my part I have no problems with your suggestions, there as good as others
and they do shorten up the QSO overal time.   Sked?  Certainly a Schedule, I
dont see this happening any other way, for my part if I am part of it, a
random QSO has as much chance as 12 inches of snow in the Amazon.  In
general the "RO O" etc follows the EME convention, well tested and generally
accepted, again minimize exposure to raising concerns in the peer community.
Your proposals are excellent, I have no problems with them providing we can
keep the noise down on the validity of the QSO when it occurs.

Your thoughtful effort is appreciated, Mike.

Larry
VA3LK