LF: Re: VA3LK seen

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: VA3LK seen
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 12:21:00 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Mike Dennison wrote:

[snip]
I have switched off the AGC in Argo. Although this is very efficient,
it puts 'holes' in Morse elements when there is noise, instead of
displaying the noise itself. In fact, the only was I can tell the noise
level has changed is to look at the apparent strength of the Loran
lines. This can be confusing. I will post some pictures to my web site
to illustrate this.
[snip]

Mike,
            which version are you running of Argo ?
I changed the AGC algorithm starting from build 113 just to reduce this
effect. For those who could be interested, in Spectran and Argo build 110
the brightness of the trace is computed (with AGC on) taking as reference
level the mean value of the buffer. From build 113 I used, thanks to an idea
from Andy G4JNT, the 25th percentile augmented by 3dB as reference.
This latter value is much less influenced by static crashes, so reducing the
'hole effect' in the signal.

73   Alberto   I2PHD