LF: 500KHz and around

To: "Reflektor" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: 500KHz and around
From: "Walter Staubach" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 05:02:05 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
When sitting at my desk last thursday and doing something I monitored 500KHz
in the background. For a long time - nothing.
Then at 16.06 utc suddenly " CQ CQ.." (me: one jump out of the chair and to
the receiver - who has a permission for 500?) " IAR5 QSW 511 (?) ....." and
lost something. What is the meaning of QSW? The handbook said  "I will
transmit on....." . So I tuned to 511KHz and heard a station giving a
weather-forecast for the mediteranian sea in fast CW. Maybe it was the
italian navy stn IAR5.
  And I had expected a new DX on a new band.
73 Walter DJ2LF

[email protected]