LF: re Beacon I0CFE

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: re Beacon I0CFE
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 10:42:45 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Mike that is very interesting. I have just posted last nights CFH plot to
Rik and it is another very high sig-level night ( over 40dBu for nearly
10hours!! ).

Laurie has just sent me a strange chart recording of CFH and SXV (Marathon)
which shows a coincident peak in signal strength of both stations at about
0200z on the night of 1/2 Dec. It is a little odd as the 'solar time' at the
centre of the two paths is very different. I wonder if this indicates that
these high levels are the result of the 'last throes' of the CME injected
particles in the D-layer? It would be nice to monitor SXV as well as CFH but
I am running out of receivers!

Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]