LF: Re: TransAtlantic CW operation

To: "rsgb_lf_group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: TransAtlantic CW operation
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 06:39:07 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
From Dave G3YMC

Larry Kayser wrote:
Jack is a conventional CW operator
with renouned weak signal receiving skills on 160.  He does not have
Internet or Computer assisted receiving capabilities.  Anyone wanting
a regular CW schedule on LF should get in touch with Jack.

Jack VE1ZZ is one signal I would have no objection to beaconing in the
normal CW sub-band and I would dearly love a VE station to transmit
some normal CW on the band, you never know, and surely now is the time
of year to try.  If normal CW transatlantic is possible then Jack will
the be the first to succeed - I have worked him several times on 160
with my bit of string.  As many of you will know I share Jack's
distaste of slow CW.  No need for skeds, but I listen every morning
between 0600 and 0800z or so.

Cheers Dave
[email protected]
[email protected]