LF: DX Cluster spots for 10/17Dec at GB7DXM

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: DX Cluster spots for 10/17Dec at GB7DXM
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 21:14:18 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all, there has not been a lot of DX Cluster activity over the last week.
I heard good QRS signals on 72kHz from Laurie G3AQC and Jim M0BMU on Friday,
but missed Dave G3YXM.

On Saturday I did some experiments with Andy's BPSK beacon and received some
very good results, with solid copy on a (weakened )signal that I could
barely see on spectrogram when the band was quiet. I still had good copy
when local noise completely washed out the spectrogram. This was using one
of Bill VE2IQ's Sigma-Delta ADC pcbs, and AFRICAM. Very impressive, and
obviously a lot of the trouble I had before, with weak signal copy, was due
to slight inaccuracies in the soundcard sampling as has been discussed at
length.

CFH has been a little erratic over the last few days. Either it is being
used for experiments or the fault that occurred earlier in the year has not
been fully cleared. It was off-air last night and has not been visible so
far today (Sunday 2030z)

On Sunday an unusual noise aleted me to a PSK31 signal on 137.6, I swapped
programs to see Geri just finish working DL7YA on X-mode, and then continue
with Wolf DF0WD also cross-mode. Some corruptions due to local noise but
generally a good copy from Geri, despite his signal not showing anything on
the PSK31 waterfall. Andy was also sending BPSK beacons on 137.79. Later I
copied DF8ZR again on DFCW sending CQ  (time not noted, but probably about
1430z). At 1440z Gaspard ON4ZK called CQ on QRS as was called by Valerio
IK5ZPV, about 20Hz lower in frequency, but unfortunately he didn't see
Valerio. You were just about scraping an 'O' here, Valerio ....it does help
when know likely call signs(!), but there were only really a couple of dots
in doubt.

I also heard at some time or other over the weekend (usually on the speaker
and  about 20 feet from the rig!)  MM0ALM, GW4ALG, GW4HXO, G3YXM, G3OLB
G3AQC, G8RW.
I did not notice the spot on 1800 from Jack, I will have to watch for
that....thanks Christer. Cluster spots follow.
  136.3  GW4HXO      17-Dec-2000 1216Z  fb cpy in JO42, w MM0ALM
<DF0WD>
  136.5  F6BWO       17-Dec-2000 1048Z  clg cq 449 in JO42
<DF0WD>
  136.7  DK6NI       17-Dec-2000 1018Z  539 cq
<DL1SAN>
  136.8  SM6PXJ      17-Dec-2000 1018Z  429 calling cq
<DL1SAN>
  137.6  DK8KW       17-Dec-2000 1011Z  nice copy PSK31 Geri
<G3NYK>
  136.5  OH1TN       10-Dec-2000 1848Z  Reino clg cq 459 in JO42FD
<DF0WD>
  137.0  DF0WD       10-Dec-2000 1234Z  that is CFH USB sub carrier
<G3NYK>
  137.0  CARRIER     10-Dec-2000 1210Z  where CFH used to be ?
<DF0WD>
  137.0  CARRIER      8-Dec-2000 2117Z  where CFH used to be ?
<DF0WD>
G3NYK de GB7MRS 17-Dec-2000 2005Z >

Cheers de Alan G3NYK     JO02PB
[email protected]