LF: Weekend Report: 15-17/12/2000

To: "LF Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Weekend Report: 15-17/12/2000
From: "Steve Rawlings" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 22:08:26 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi All,

A local radio station reported recently that Wales has had rain
every day since the 10th September.  All this wet and windy
weather has resulted in very little opportunity for me to operate
on 136 kHz over the past few months.

But I did manage to get the balloons flying this weekend, and
contacted the following stations on the 20 m balloon-supported
vertical, all 2-way normal CW:
15/12/00: G6RO; SM6PXJ; and ON6ND.
17/12/00: G3OLB (a QSO using my loop antenna - it being too misty
this morning to risk putting up the balloons); DF0WD; GW4HXO;
G3YXM; MM0ALM; G8RW; DK5PT; and F6BWO.

It was great to hear old friends again; and to work Dieter DK5PT
and Jeff F6BWO for the first time.
To be honest, the QSO with F6BWO was a toughy.  But I'm
reasonably sure that Jeff got my RST 359 report; and I copied my
RST 449 OK (before we lost each other in the QSB).  Does anyone
have an address for Jeff?

A Happy Christmas to all,
Steve GW4ALG