LF: RE: other reports

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: other reports
From: "Talbot Andrew" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 08:57:56 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Still the same power, but wet surroundings may make the antenna less
efficient.  The load R has risen so looks valid.  The BPSK message is
stored in PIC so won't change in the immediate future, I was soak
testing the PA and thought you'd prefer a message to a carrier.  Keeps
within the spirit of the licence ID rules as well.

May not persue the 2.5kW full bridge PA design.  I had a couple of
rather frightening explosions yesterday that were a bit off-putting.
NEVER, EVER EVER use a make before break switch for hot switching
transformer taps , I hadn't spotted it was Mb4B.  That's the trouble
with having a very extensive junk box - don't tend to look at components
carefully enough.
But the present half bridge design will upgrade to 800W reliably with
IRF462 devices -cheaper than IRF450.   Still need a very fast acting OP
short circuit protection circuit.

Andy  G4JNT

Also Andy is on testing again at 13.00 but the same old message - could send out some sort of lowfer news for those without E-mail. You are S8 with me Andy, but not sure whether full power, sounded louder when I first heard
you, but then went off before I could look at the S meter.
John, G4CNN
Reading, IO91ML24

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information is
prohibited and may be unlawful.