Re: LF: VE1ZZ on 136

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: VE1ZZ on 136
From: "Peter Dodd" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 14:56:24 GMT
Sender: <[email protected]>
Tom, G3OLB said
600 watts of RF puts about 4 amps into my long wire so if Jack VE1ZZ
gets 12 amps into his long wire, he must have 5 or 6 KW of RF!

Well not necessarily. If Jack has got 900ft of wire in his antenna and we assume it is an inverted L with an average height of 80ft (27m) and a top of 820ft (270m); and we also assume that he has an extensive ground plane that he uses for 160m he could possibly get that sort of antenna current with 1500w.
Either way it still represents an erp of nearly 30watts.
In which case we should be able to see Jack's signal when CFH is only 30dBs on the Alan scale

--
Regards, Peter, G3LDO

<[email protected]>