Re: LF: QRSS is a full success in USA

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: QRSS is a full success in USA
From: "'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 13:43:36 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Mike. G3XDV wrote

with existing freeware and internal hardware. There is only a tiny number
of
well-equipped Eu stations who have BPSK going efficiently.<

... correct, Mike ... but I still remember 1997/98, when only a few
stations were equipped with either FFT-DSP or DSP programs that required
special hardware. The QRSS-"boom" came later, when solutions like
Spectrogram and QRSS became available and more stations realized how easy
it was to get QRV in QRSS. So let us see ... if I interpret Lyle's tests
correctly, there is still an improvements of about 6 dB to expect if we
switch to a slow synchronized mode ... maybe exactly the 6 dB some of us
need to cross the Atlantic (still I only got about 200 mW ERP, my trial of
increasing my output power of thr G0MRF PA lasted about 10 seconds ..
before my FETs exploded ...).

Best 73 and a peaceful Christmas!

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)