LF: VE1ZZ beacon, nil tonight in Germany

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: VE1ZZ beacon, nil tonight in Germany
From: "Holger 'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 01:56:53 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Alan and LF Group,

Hi all, VE1ZZ beacon was not visible at 2400z but was a good "O" at 0030<

No signs of VE1ZZ this night on my EasyGram recordings that I took every 10
minutes. I saw another station below 136.500, starting at about 136.485 and
moving up in frequency about 10 Hz and a few traces of a signal at around
136.515 Hz that was a couple of Hertz wide. I will keep watching throughout
the next nights (with those large couple-of-dozent Gigabyte hard-discs
nowadays that is no problem ...).

John, VE1ZJ: excellent idea that the station with the appropriate receiving
equipment makes a dx-pedition to the station that has the transmitting
capabilities! I will be QRV January 12/13, although I believe that stations
in the UK have a better chance to reach you (first they have more ERP,
second they are 1000 km closer to you ... but I am sure it is fun to
watch!).

Best 73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)