LF: re:e-groups

To: "rsgb_lf_group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: re:e-groups
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 18:28:22 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
From Dave G3YMC

There were a few mails in my inbox after I returned after Christmas (among the
260 or so there...) comparing speed of delivery between e-groups and the
blacksheep reflector we use.

As someone also who subscribes to several e-goup lists I can confirm that they
do indeed offer an incredibly quick and reliable service - mails sent often
arrive in my inbox during the same connect as they are sent! However the
blacksheep reflector has served us well for quite a few years now, and although
there have been the occasional outages in general it offers a perfectly reliable
service.  For most of us it matters little whether the message is delivered in
30 seconds or 5 minutes and we should by no means criticise the service offered.
Bear in mind that the service was set up well before the likes of egroups became
common place, and I would like to echo a vote of thanks to the blacksheep team
(of one, I believe!) who has maintained the excellent service over the years.

73s Dave G3YMC
[email protected]
[email protected]
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/sergeantd