Re: LF: VE1ZZ beacon, nil tonight in Germany

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: VE1ZZ beacon, nil tonight in Germany
From: [email protected]
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 08:32:38 EST
Sender: <[email protected]>
In a message dated 12/27/00 7:02:42 AM GMT Standard Time, [email protected] writes:

<< I will be QRV January 12/13, although I believe that stations
in the UK have a better chance to reach you (first they have more ERP,
second they are 1000 km closer to you ... but I am sure it is fun to
watch!). >>

Your report of VE1ZZ is very interesting Geri. For us in the UK, Larry VA2LK is about 1000km further west than Jack. This suggests that it should be possible for us to receive a narrowband signal from Larry without too much trouble. It looks as though the extra 1000km does not add numerous 10's of dB after all.

How about it Larry / John / Jack? Maximum effort from all of us on 12/13 Jan 20mins East to West and then 20 minutes in the other direction?

If CFH is back on by then reception at VE1ZZ may be impossible. I wonder if it's possible to link the images from John's QTH out to Jack's location Nr CFH?

Just a thought.

73

David  G0MRF