LF: Re: CFA Antenna: miraculous?

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: CFA Antenna: miraculous?
From: "Steve Olney" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 06:49:36 +1000
Sender: <[email protected]>
G'day All,

Here in Sydney Australia we have (had) a CFA installation in commercial use.
I have done relative FS measurements (single point) at a distance of 60Km
and can report that the CFA antenna is NOT working as the inventors say it
will.   The signal (giving all advantage to the CFA) is about 8dB down on
similar standard antenna radiating stations.

The facts (and these are not disputed by anyone - only ignored) are:

- that the antenna was designed, constructed, tuned and re-tuned by one of
the inventors. (No faulty installation one would have to assume).

- the station power had to be reduced from its allowed 400W to 200W due to
it interfering with nearby services.  (CFA is supposed to be an antenna with
little near-field interaction).

- the station owners reconfigured the antenna to be fed as a standard short
fat monopole because they obtained an increased FS with configuration as
against the "superior" CFA.

- the station is in the expensive process of moving their transmitting site
elsewhere to use a standard antenna and is offering the CFA antenna to any
sucker - sorry, buyer.

CFA - miraculous?  Certainly, unfortunately I don't believe in miracles -
only repeatable measurements :-)

73s Steve Olney (VK2ZTO/AXSO - QF56IK : Lat -33 34 07, Long +150 44 40)
HomePage URLs:
http://www.qsl.net/vk2zto
http://www.zeta.org.au/~ollaneg

Containing:-