Re: LF: Russian ALPHA qrt ?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Russian ALPHA qrt ?
From: Väinö Lehtoranta <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 09:37:36 +0300
Sender: <[email protected]>
Walter,

You are no doubt right about the reason for
Alpha etc qrt, I know one Russian captain...
Four Alpha stations were on and off during the
first four months of 2000, including Revda.
The official USSR name for Alpha is RSDN-20
where D stands for long-range (dalnoye).

Russians place Mars-75 system in its own
category "sinteziruyemim" and my old friend
suggested that Decca also is a "synthesized"
system, I always thought Decca belongs to
"cw hyperbolic" category, What say?
Loran is a "(im)pulse hyperbolic" system.
In Mars all the other frequencies are said
to be "synthesized" from the main frequency.
The Russian language is not very easy...
73 de Vaiski