Re: LF: Russian ALPHA qrt ?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Russian ALPHA qrt ?
From: Väinö Lehtoranta <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 17:45:44 +0300
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Markus and others,

It has been common to Alpha since 1970
to be qrt for shorter and longer periods.
The 5th Alpha station Seydi has been off
air totally but even Revda has been on.
A while ago I thought Mars-75 went qrt
but after a few days it came back.
73 de Vaino, OH2LX

At 10:25 12.6.2000 EDT, you wrote:
Hello group,

yesterday I checked the very low end and wondered that I didn't see a trace of the familiar ALPHA beeps. Today nothing either on any of their qrgs 11.905, 12.089, 12.667 and 14.88 kHz. With precise GPS, are they finally
gone
for good now, following the fate of OMEGA? Hearing all four beacons
certainly
was an excellent rx test, but natural-radio listeners will probably enjoy
the
lack of qrm. One I would NOT miss would be the 124 kHz DGPS service from Mainflingen with all its noisy intermodulation...

73s de Markus, DF6NM

V.K.Lehtoranta, OH2LX, POBox 50, FIN-05401 Jokela, Finland
------ Tel: +358-9-4173965 ---- Fax: +358-9-4173961 ------
E-mail: [email protected] - alias: [email protected] & [email protected]