Re: LF: 'Dyed in the wood CW'

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 'Dyed in the wood CW'
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 18:23:34 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dave Sergeant wrote:

>From Dave G3YMC

There has been some stinging comment on here in recent days on 'dyed in the
wood' CW operators, which perhaps I have to admit to being.  The implication
is that if you persue such modes you are a little dated and should be using
fancy digital thingemy modes these days.
[snip]

Dave,
              frankly I don't know whether you were addressing me for
an half sentence I put in my last message to the reflector.
The English language is full of subtleties that escape to a non-native speaker.
If you took my sentence as dismissive of aural CW, perhaps I didn't make
my thoughts clear enough. As a matter of fact, I sometimes enjoy listening
to CW, though my skills are far from being perfect.
What I meant was a sort of criticism of the komeinist position that says
that  "if it ain't copied by ears, it's rubbish". I wasn't trying to convey any
other subliminal message. And, from what you say, you don't certainly
qualify as a target for that my comment.

Cheers,
Alberto    I2PHD