Re: LF: Re: Litz wire

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Litz wire
From: [email protected]
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 09:57:55 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

The  " WireTronic Inc." website, has useful information about litz wire and
magnet wire in general.

the free " WireTronic Software for Windows(tm) - wtsetup.exe(438K)" is also
very useful.

73

Thor tf3sb

http://www.wiretron.com/

Peter Dodd <[email protected]. To: [email protected] uk> cc: Subject: LF: Re: Litz wire Sent by: <[email protected] orcom.com> 23.05.2000 22:18 Please respond to rsgb_lf_group

I have obtained some Litz wire from Derek at the Crawley radio club.
I also borrowed a 800W solder pot but did not have any information
regarding working with Litz wire.
The sample of Litz wire that I have is 1.5mm diameter with a layer
1.4mm thick PVC insulation. This insulation is quite tough and would
be difficult to remove without damaging the fine strands that make up the
Litz.

I just put the end of the wire directly into the solder pot, which
softened the PVC insulation so that it pulled off quite easily. I
then removed the thin fibre strands that held wires together, dipped
the wire end in flux then put it in the solder pot. After 30 seconds
the all the individual wires seemed tinned.

Does anyone have knowledge or experiance of this procedure? Am I
going the right way about it?

--
Regards, Peter, G3LDO

<[email protected]>