LF: RE: QRSS and QRN

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: QRSS and QRN
From: "Talbot Andrew" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 11:59:52 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
The static crashes are only " 20dB over 9" for the few microseconds
while they are happening.   When using Spectran etc. try turning off the
AGC completely and just allow the static crashes to overload the
receiver for their duration.  The Rx will continue working normally
between the crashes and should allow through the signal for processing
at normal strength.   Leaving the AGC operating just destroys receiver
gain during its hang period.  I find that for almost any radio
monitoring activity manual gain control is better than AGC operation.

Andy  G4JNT