LF: Spectran beta 3

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: LF: Spectran beta 3
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 00:53:27 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello all,
                  the beta 3 of Spectran is proceeding, albeit much slower of
what
our desire would be (read : lack of time...)

Anyway today I tested it against the beacon of Marco Bruno, IK1ODO,
10 mW ERP at 137.791 kHz.  My antenna was a random length of wire,
between 15 and 18 meters (not sure), tuned with a parallel LC. RX was a TS850

Copy was excellent, but also the QRB is modest (abt 200 km).
You can see a snapshot of the beta 3 screen with IK1ODO signal here :
http://members.xoom.com/spectran/ik1odo.jpg

The continous line slightly over 400 Hz is just a spurious signal generated by
the
screen of my PC. Switching it off makes the line disappear.

The Spectran settings were : sampling rate 5500 samples/sec,  resolution 0.042
Hz,
no averaging, between 1 and 0.5 frames/sec, contrast 200, level abt 0.2 of full
scale
(perhaps a tad too high, judging by the image).

73s
Alberto    I2PHD