LF: RE: High stability drive sources

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: High stability drive sources
From: "Talbot Andrew" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 12:48:52 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>

Are more of these becoming available ?  A lot have been bought up by
microwave operators recently.
The best way to use these it take out the oscillator module which runs
off 12 Volts and use that individually, then throw the rest away.  A
bit wastefull perhaps, but the rest of the electronics is specific to
providing a source for a single UHF frequency and not very adaptable.

The Toyo oscillator itself is very good but does not have voltage
control of fine trimming. I published a modification to allow this in
a Microwave newsletter some years ago when these units first appeared.
Don't know the Racal unit,  but believe it does already have varicap
fine tuning.

Andy G4JNT