LF: IK1ODO qrp beacon

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: IK1ODO qrp beacon
From: "'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 02:13:39 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Marco (and other Spectran users),

I had quite some similar experience as Alan. While I was able to see a
carrier exactly on the specified frequency yesterday morning, I was not
able to see anything of your DFCW signal (but the carrier was gone). I
watched out for the signal the entire afternoon without success.

Another interesting observation: when I run Spectran with no other program
running, the lines of the carrier as well as of the Loran signals are quite
fuzzy, and not really clear. As soon as I open the network connection to my
internet provider and do e-mail, or surf the Internet, the lines become
very clear (however, sometimes shifted about 1 Hz or so). My computer has a
Pentium III with 500 MHz. Any similar observations?

Best 73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)