LF: GW3XDV/P

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: GW3XDV/P
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 14:05:21 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
I will be in the far south-west of Wales from Saturday the 23rd. I will be able to listen on LF for the first few days but cannot transmit until I hire a portable generator on Wednesday 26 April. It is impossible to operate from inside my holiday home because of local power lines. I will operate until Saturday morning 29 April. Operating times depend on the weather - it's all outdoors - and how much wind there is for the kite. If the weather is right, I expect to operate on Wednesday afternoon/evening and Saturday early morning, with other times possible.

Most activity will be on the 73kHz band. Preferred frequency 71.8kHz. If Rugby is back on, I will use 71.7.

I expect to run a 200W tx and a 60m kite. This will include some QRSs transmitting on 73, listening for normal CW on 136kHz. For skeds, reports etc, Peter G3LDO, has offered to be the contact point and I will keep in touch with him by phone. Unfortunately my mobile phone does not work in the holiday home.

I expect to brief Peter a short time before each activity period so he can alert anyone wanting skeds, and put out a message here.

This may be the only opportunity ever to work GW on the 73kHz band.

I can be contacted at home by e-mail until tomorrow evening (20th).

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.dennison.demon.co.uk/activity.htm