Re: LF: Re: Operation from Puckeridge

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Operation from Puckeridge
From: "Steve Rawlings" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 08:25:45 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Peter Dodd wrote:

From all accounts, the operation from Puckeridge has been an
outstanding success. . . . I am sure many of you would like to join me in thanking those operators who put so much time and effort into the whole operation . . . . In particular I feel that we should give a vote of thanks to Walter, G3JKV, for his liason work Racal/Decca and making the whole operation possible.
Indeed - a splendid bit of work, made even more worthwhile by those who
have taken comparative signal measurements.

As regards the reported key clicks I was unaware of them at the time
of measurement. By this I mean that I was unaware of the presence of
the Puckeridge station until I was tuned on to it.
I agree.  On the Friday night, I was specifically asked by Lech to check
for key clicks from G3WSC on 136 kHz.  I heard none, and advised Lech
accordingly.  I also listened at several other times - including during
the QRO tests. At no time did I hear key clicks.
But I did hear a very big signal!

Regards to all,
Steve GW4ALG