LF: Weekend report

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Weekend report
From: "DEREK ATTER" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 13:44:11 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello LFers,

Plenty of activity on 73Khz on Friday evening (24th March) withe at least 4
stations visible on Spectran at the same time.
Lech, G3KAU and I loaded up the Crawley Club antenna on 73 for the first
time for some months using my call G3GRO, rather than the Club call G3WSC .
Worked Dave G0MRF on ordinary CW with RST589 reports both ways. Also had
our first QRSS QSO with Jim M0BMU with very good signals both ways. - Sorry
if the timing was a bit ragged at one point Jim but Lech keyed in our first
reply into the keyer but at first it wouldn't download so I had to carry on
using a hand key and stopwatch for a bit until the keyer fired up at the
next attempt !!  - Thanks for the QSO.  Also "saw" G3LDO and G3XDV at good
strength.
   On 136Khz at 1920 UTC  heard Petr OK1FIG at a vy good 459/559 with some
Loran QRM. Called him and got a QRZ? but no QSO resulted.
We were running 200W RF to the 360ft inverted L at about 65ft.

               73,  de Derek G3GRO