LF: Re. DECCA Tx

To: "rsgb lf group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re. DECCA Tx
From: "LAWRENCE MAYHEAD" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 20:32:17 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
The possibility of transmitting from an ex Decca site is very intresting I would like to put foreward a suggestion for an experiment.Theory has it that the radiation pattern for a much shortened vertical is not dependant on height!  Some on this reflector disagree.Would it be possible to radiate say 1w erp from the 300 foot antenna and  the same power from a co-sited very short vert similar to those being used by many people, if they used the same ground system all the better.Then by transmitting alternately from each station we could gather signal reports from many recieving stations both near and far,for various times of the day.
Perhaps then we could settle this argument once and for all.. 73s Laurie.