LF: Galveston !

To: "Rsgb_lf_group" <[email protected]>, "lf-amrad" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Galveston !
From: "Andre' Kesteloot" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 16:40:43 -0500
Cc: [email protected]
Sender: <[email protected]>
LF Friends,

In the weighty matter of an eventual transatlantic LF qso, I believe
we can derive much succor from an article that appeared in the
November-December issue of  "Break-In", the amateur radio publication
of New Zealan's NZART.

The article, on page 24, describes how GLS, a 2 kilowatt aero-beacon
installed in Galveston Texas, is being heard on 206 KHz in ZL-land.
Galveston is located on the coast of the Gulf of Mexico.  Several
amateurs, amongst whom ZL1PW, ZL4OL and ZL3VN, have logged the
Galveston beacon.
Distance from Galveston to Wellington is about 12,100 kilometers

(Hearty congratulations to our New Zealand colleagues for their work)

73
Andre' N4ICK