Re: LF: DCF39 seen in the US?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: DCF39 seen in the US?
From: "M. Bruno" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 23:14:37 +0100
Data: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 23:13:09 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
In 23.38 30/01/00 , hai scritto:
Hello Stewart
I can do that if / once the signal has been confirmed as being DCF
73
Andre'

Stewart Bryant wrote:

Andre - why not post it on a web site?

André,

please send me the file. I exchanged similar snapshots with Bob Riese, K3DJC;
it seems to me that he receives the right signal.

A personal opinion: it will be very difficult to decide if a signal is or not
DCF39,
since if you look at it in a wideband mode, the signal will be buried in the
noise; if you look at the carrier on 138.830 with an high-resolution
spectrogram
you will see only a carrier. The best ID for me will be the exact frequency.
Try having a signal generator exactly 10 Hz away, and measure the exact
frequency shift on the spectrogram. If you have a decent timebase, with 1 ppm
precision, you will see the DCF39 carrier on the right frequency +/- 0.1 Hz.
This, coupled with the day/night variations in the signal stenght, may be a good confirmation that you are looking to the right signal and not a local one.

In any case my snapshot of Spectran screen with the DCF39 signal received
at 600 km via sky wave is available for comparisons.

Marco Bruno - IK1ODO
[email protected]

SPIN Electronics - www.spin-it.com