Re: LF: SIGNAL

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: SIGNAL
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 15:18:21
Sender: <[email protected]>
Another consideration is a person that has asymmetrical ears.!!! There
could be 2 S points difference in your report depending whether he is
listening to the left or right. All these anomalies should be declared
in a QSO.

12dB (= 2 S-points) seems a lot for someone with no hearing malfunction.
But maybe we should change our RST system from a simple 579 to 5R7S69
(meaning I hear you S7 with my right ear and S6 with my left ear).

Maybe we should introduce a qualification system where you need a certain
number of points before you are declared 'man' and are allowed to transmit
on 136kHz :

* 1 point for each meter your tower exceeds the hight of 20 meter
* 1 point for each callsign you ever had
* -1 point for every slow-CW QSO you made on 136kHz

A total score of 20 points is needed to be allowed to transmit on 136kHz.
I suggest that this new qualification system will become effective on April
1st 2000.

73, Rik  ON7YD

PS : please do not take the above serious.