LF: Re: Galveston NDB

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Galveston NDB
From: "Dave Brown" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 22:09:19 +1300
Sender: <[email protected]>

----- Original Message -----
From: Holger 'Geri', DK8KW <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, 19 January 2000 9:23 PM
Subject: LF: Galveston NDB
***

Hi Geri

Galveston NDB 'GLS' is on 206 kHz exact.
Its lat/long are given as  29N1900 094W5600.
A 'local' may be able to translate that into a street/road address for you.

Most of the active LFers here in ZL have heard it. Best time here is an hour
or two before midnight local time, with due allowance for daylight saving
etc. We are lucky there is no local NDB below 210 kHz in ZL but there are
several on/around 206 kHz in VK and they can be strong enough to be a
problem at times. GLS is not usually audible here for more than a half hour
or so, often much less.  I guess the time 'window' corresponds to the
sunrise or pre-dawn period at the GLS end of the path. In this regard it may
be that the path is not reciprocal but we will have to try it and find out!

73
Dave
ZL3FJ