Re: LF: Transatlantic

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Transatlantic
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 10:15:29 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
ON7YD wrote:
The best way to find out wether we can cross the pond on 136kHz is to try
it. What I have in mind is a transatlantic test, similar to what we did
last year in cooperation with N4ICK, but with a much larger group of
listeners at the W/VE side. There are plenty of 'lowfers' in USA/Canada
that are well equipped for listening in the 160-190kHz segment, it should
not be too hard for them to adapt their receivers/antennas to 136kHz.

Yes, but first things first. I have not yet found a US station who has confirmed hearing DCF39. Amateur signals are going to be some 70dB weaker.

Let's hope that last weekend's tests produced just such a report.

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.dennison.demon.co.uk/activity.htm