Re: LF: Re: Bad experience with loop ant

To: "Heinz Schnait" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Bad experience with loop ant
From: "Clifford Buttschardt" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 13:09:02 -0800 (PST)
Cc: [email protected]
Sender: <[email protected]>
Heinz...To measure the distributed capacitance of any inductor, make a
linear plot of resonanting capacitance on the horizontal axis and
frequency on the vertical.  Plot at least two resonanting frequencies,
more would produce an average.  Connect these points with a straight line.
Where the line intersects the capacitance axis is the residual capacitance.
Cliff K7RR

On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Heinz Schnait wrote:

Hello all,

Walter Staubach wrote:

> ....After realizing
> my loop I found out, that the capacity of the loop itself between the turns
> was already 800pF. That generates losses. Do you know that capacity in your
> loop?

How can one measure the capacitance of the loop itself? Any suggestions?

73 Heinz, OE5EEP