Re: LF: Bad experience with loop ant

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Bad experience with loop ant
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 10:43:27
Sender: <[email protected]>
I tried to make a loop with flatcable once and was not very happy with the
result either. Maybe the rather large stray-capacitance between the
windings is decreasing the loop performance ? Replacing the flatcable by
0.7mm emailled Cu-wire (all windings spaced +/- 5mm) was working much better.
But at the end I came to the conclusion that the loop was no better than my
vertical (but also no worse), because I have little or no problems with
'electric smog' at my QTH.
But for those with rather high noiselevels and/or limited space a loop may
be the best receiving antenna.

73, Rik ON7YD