Re: LF: Bad experience with loop ant

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Bad experience with loop ant
From: "john sexton" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 10:50:58 -0800 (PST)
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Petr,
I have very good results with G3LNP loop described in July 1999 RADCOM. I
have since removed the second loop since I have no strong local signal. The
receiver is a AOR7030. It is now orientated East-West, so that I can hear
the continental signals. Previously was North-South, which was good for UK
but bad for europe. The UK stations are sufficiently strong that I still
hear them well, unless they are right in the null. G4GVC and G3KEV are near
the null, but still received OK, although obviously weaker than before.
I built the loop exactly according to the instructions and have now
duck-taped it to a 3 metre plastic pipe and covered all of the sensitive
parts with close fitting plastic sheet and greenhouse repair tape to keep it
waterproof, while still letting the wind through and it works a treat.
Regards, John, G4CNN

Visit Excite Shopping at http://shopping.excite.com The fastest way to find your Holiday gift this season