LF: Re: M0BMU - QRV on 73kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: M0BMU - QRV on 73kHz
From: "Dave" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 20:23:39 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Jim,

I took a listen but Rugby on 73.3 was rattling away with its dirty
modulation. No chance unless you're S9.... unlikely!
Rugby usually goes QRT for maintenance on the first Tuesday of each month. I
think we'll have to wait until Feb 1st to try a QSO before work. Any good?

73, Dave G3YXM.

I have now finished my 73kHz loading coil, and some preliminary
tests last night seem to show that it works OK. The set-up is
basically the same as that for 136k, except that the antenna
current on 73k is about 1 amp.

I intend to give it a try between about 7.30 and 8.30 this evening,
on about 72.3kHz +/- QRM. Any reports would be more than
welcome. At the moment, I only have equipment for manual CW.

My E-mail address is [email protected] - it usually works OK,
but sometimes people fiddle with  the server, or it crashes during
the weekend, which may be the cause of bouncing e-mails. The
server is at the university of Hertfordshire, where I work, so I only
have access during the working day. I have received mail direct
from G3NYK, G3ZRH, and G3XDV, but none yet from G0MRF. In
the evenings I can also be contacted on 01707 643461.

Cheers, Jim
73 de M0BMU