Re: LF: Sound cards.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Sound cards.
From: "Peter Dodd" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 10:15:16 GMT
Sender: <[email protected]>

Does anyone have a "fix" for a fault that causes spectrogram (or windows) to crash when it's started up on 5k5 sample rate? It appears to happen irrespectively of the number of FFT points selected. It may be a soundcard problem but I've seen this on a couple of computers now and it's always the most sensitive setting that causes the problem.

I have been irritated by this Gram crashing since I started using it and put it down to 'finger trouble' this end. I had not associated it with the number of FFT points selected. The crash seemed to 'damage' the software because the only fix was to reinstall it. I now run Gram from the floppy disk, which has fixed the problem in my case!

Has anyone tried Spectran by I2PHD and IK2CZL? It claims to have overcome some of the problems associated with certain sound cards. This program is still in the Beta stage so there are some limitations, although I find I can see signals sandwiched within the Loran sidebands better but I can't save the .wav files . It can be downloaded from:
<http://members.xoon.com/spectrum> (thanks Andre').

--
Regards, Peter, G3LDO

<[email protected]>