LF: Re: Sound cards.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Sound cards.
From: "Ko Versteeg" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 12:07:05 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Geri,

I agree as i encountered the same trouble and limitations using the PCI-64 after
the SB-16 i used for some years,
as there was nothing else for us.

New programs and bands came up and all the goodies like Spectran, FFTDsp and SM5BSZ's DSP program would not run at all.

I used PCI-64 for mostly sstv, as it was more selective than the SB-16.
Got bored after 20 years of sstv.
I willsave your time and jump ahead...

Started searching for the AWE-64 Gold
wich seems the best and found a AWE-64 Value
now i am not sure what Value means but i can
do everything now, even the older Hellschreiber
programs for dos from G3PPT and RITTY wich
needs 2 different DMA's for PACTor.

Now on LF i watch CW ofcourse and use MRP373
wich runs perfect with the AWE-64V..
The AWE-64 is still available at JDR Microdevices
(www.jdr.com) i am thinking 'bout getting a 2nd :-)

Well long story, less content but maybe usefull.
A good weekend to all.

73's de  Ko,  NL9222.     JO22KF

http://leden.tref.nl/~nl9222tv/
http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/NL9222/index.htm