LF: Sound cards.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Sound cards.
From: "'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 02:38:27 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello David (and others),

I have tried several of the new type soundcards such as the "Soundblaster
Life!" but several of those only emulate the 5.5 kHz and the response time
was extremely slow. This may be the casue of the crash you observe. They
only worked properly hardware based on 11 kHz and up. I now went to a
Sondblaster 128 PCI, but I still miss my old and simple Soundblaster AWE 64
(it doesn't work anymore), especially because it also worked in DOS mode
(FFT-DSP), I havnt't had success in getting any of the PCI stuff (with DOS
emulation) work properly in DOS ...

Vy 73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)