LF: CFH ......more from Jon

To: "rsgb_lf_group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: CFH ......more from Jon
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 20:08:38 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi All I have just had an e-mail from Jon VE1FTL timed 4:45pm Fri 7th.
------------------------------------
Well, we found the problem today.  A switching regulator in the
exciter's DC power supply was oscillating and causing many, many spurs.
The transmitter is back in service now.
----------
I recounted some of the signal strengths quoted and the fact that Mal could
hear it all day.............
Yes, and am really impressed by the range.  Often our end-users
(the ships) will complain that they just can't hear the signal.  Now I can
tell them to listen more carefully (HI).

I dont know whether the 'problem' indicated that the mod we were seeing was
a fault condition or whether the problem occured during service and caused
it to be taken off. Still it looks like it should be back this evening.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK   JO02PB
[email protected]