LF: DX Cluster spots from GB7DXM ++++ CFH??

To: "rsgb_lf_group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: DX Cluster spots from GB7DXM ++++ CFH??
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 01:35:27 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all, whilst I was retrieving this file from the Cluster tonight, a stange
noise came up on 136 and I didn't twig immediately then I saw a wide band
down the middle of the waterfall display centred on 137.0kHz . It sounds
like it could be Fax, but it is quite strong here, and I think it is too
strong to be CFH (only about 3db weaker than the Greek RTTY), although CFH
has been known to use 137.0 for fax when its usual transmitter ( around
122kHz) is down. I have mailed a query to Jon. My suspicion is that this is
a European station that has annexed the old CFH frequency (or maybe its only
a regional allocation). If so we could have a problem in future as the noise
sidebands spread at least a 200Hz either side. If it is CFH, and the station
was due for a new transmitter about now, then I have made a more spectacular
improvement to my rx set-up than I imagined. We will see if it disappears at
dawn.

Last evening the 2nd Jan at about 2210z I was working at another task when a
morse transmission came up on the speaker in the 2.5kHz filter. Its stregth
was such that I cast half an ear to it expecting it to be a G station only
to hear CQ de SM6PXJ ! Christer tried for 20 minutes with no takers, I was
most surprised ....he must have worked you all already!  That confirms the
replacement aerial is still working well Christer.

Note a new OK call in the lists below, one of Petr's compatriots has
appeared to ease the load a little, whilst Petr gets some practice in
spotting stateside calls!

Cluster spots for the festive period from GB7DXM
  136.5  DK7KO        3-Jan-2000 2036Z  Peter / JO31
<DL1DCY>
  136.8  OK1AIK       2-Jan-2000 1402Z  welcome on L.F. dr om
<OK1FIG>
  136.5  DK8KW       31-Dec-1999 1515Z
<DL0CS>
  136.6  SM6PXJ      29-Dec-1999 2137Z  calling CQ on CW
<OK1FIG>
  136.0  AA1AA       29-Dec-1999 0733Z  sri, this is test only
<OK1FIG>
  136.6  DL3FDO      19-Dec-1999 1026Z  519 cq
<DL1SAN-1>
  136.9  DJ1RL       19-Dec-1999 1022Z  419 cq in jn48wl
<DL1SAN-1>
  136.8  MM0ALM    17-Dec-1999 2127Z  vy strong  CQ CQ            <DL3FDO>
  137.0  SM6PXJ      17-Dec-1999 2114Z  QSO  with PA0BWl
<DL3FDO>
  137.0  G3KEV       17-Dec-1999 1938Z  CQ CQ
<DL3FDO>
G3NYK de GB7DXM    4-Jan 0012Z >

Hope you all enjoyed the festivities, the cluster spots have been a bit
sparse recently so I did not bother posting them. The 1800 area is now
totally useless for LF spots due to internet imported Stateside top-band
chat.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK JO02PB
[email protected]