LF: G3GRO Talk at Bracknell

To: "rsgb_lf_group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: G3GRO Talk at Bracknell
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 21:15:18 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
From Dave G3YMC

Many thanks for all of you who took the time to transmit for us on Wednesday
evening during Derek G3GRO's talk at the Bracknell Club.  In fact we were so
engrossed listening to Derek that we had very little time for listening apart
from a couple of short periods.  That demonstrated that the use of 1m indoor
loops on 136 is most disappointing, as we only heard DCF39 (S9+10) and the
Greek RTTY very weakly, together with S9 electrical noise.

Derek's talk however was excellent, and even our VHF members found much of
interest. Many thanks again Derek.

73s Dave G3YMC
[email protected]
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/sergeantd

ps.  An excellent week on the band for me, with GB4RS, M0AYF and G3KZU for new
ones, and I nearly worked G0AKY in Worthing as well.  It is nice to hear some
new stations on the band now that winter is approaching.